Information We Collect From You and How We Use It
- Registered Users: If you wish to register on Gemline.com you will be asked to provide demographic, personal and commercial information. When you provide us with personal or commercial information, you are agreeing to share that information with Gemline. When you provide us with such information (for example, your name, company name, address, phone number, and other personal data) we store it in a secured manner and limit access to authorized Gemline associates. We may use information you have given us to provide a personalized service, ensure the proper delivery and billing of orders, inform you about our products and services, or measure the interest of visitors in the features of our products and websites.
- Order Information: When you place an order through any of our Sites, we will collect the following information to properly process your order: your name, company name, address, phone number, e-mail address, shipping information and purchase order and/or credit card information. We will use reputable companies to verify your credit card information and credit worthiness before billing your account. Where applicable, we will also share your shipping information with the delivery service you request.
- Credit Card information: Gemline provides a form on our website for you to enter your credit card information for payments. After you enter your information the site encrypts and securely transmits the data to our credit card service provider where it is stored in a Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant, secured system. We do not transmit or store your credit card information in Gemline systems.
- Email Addresses: We collect the e-mail addresses of those who send us e-mail messages, but we do not share or sell those addresses with any other company.
- Pixel tags: We collect pixel tags also known as clear GIFs, web beacons, or pixels. These are snippets of code or tiny images embedded on websites or email that tell us how you interact on our website and emails.
- Offline: We may collect Personal Information from you offline, such as when you attend one of our trade shows, place an order over the phone or contact customer service.
- Surveys: We may also conduct online surveys to better understand the needs and profiles of visitors to our websites. When we conduct such a survey, we will let you know how we will use your responses at the time we collect them from you. Your participation in any of our surveys is optional. You are not required to respond to a survey in order to visit our Sites or take advantage of any of their features.
- From Other Sources: We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, marketing list providers, and from other third parties.
Information That You Submit About Other People
On some of our website pages, you can submit information about other people and compose personalized messages to them. For example, you can send an image of a product to a friend along with a personalized message you compose for the recipient. We consider the information you submit to us and contents of your personalized messages to be private communications between you and the recipient.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Gemline has not sold any personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding 12 months.
Unless you specifically grant us permission, we will not trade, rent or sell your personal information, your survey responses or any other specific details about you or your company. We may provide aggregate statistics to reputable parties about the visitors to our Sites, but these statistics will not include any personal or private information that identifies you. Gemline may disclose your personal information:
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, order and payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other services.
- To third parties, to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.
We and our service providers may use Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to complete your transactions and provide you with related customer service.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies, as well as marketing communications that we believe may interest you.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you and to facilitate social sharing functionality.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules about how we use and disclose your Personal Information.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
Please note that Gemline will fully cooperate with law enforcement and other governmental agencies to identify those individuals who use our Sites for fraudulent or other illegal activities.
You have the right:
- To change the personal data you have provided to us.
- To request that Gemline disclose and/or delete personal information that we have collected about you or that you have submitted about someone else.
- To designate an authorized agent to make a request under CCPA or GDPR on your behalf.
- To request that Gemline not share your personal information with others.
- To request that Gemline not send you information about products and services.
Transfer/Suppression/Deletion of Personal Information
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have transferred, suppressed, or deleted or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the specific email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
You may use an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf if you provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so. Before complying with a request from an agent, we may require that you verify your own identity directly with us. We may deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
How you can access and change your Personal Information
You can access your personal information at any time to update, correct, add or delete any of the data you have shared with us. To access your personal information, click on "My Account" at the top of any page in gemline.com and then click on "My Profile" at the top of the page to go to your personal profile page and make any desired changes.
Jurisdiction and Cross-Border Transfer
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information.
Attention: Customer Services
9 International Way
Lawrence, MA 01843
Last updated: December 30, 2019